Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Love Poem.. lol :)

Dated: 19 Aug 1999
It was during one of my English classes (IX Std), when my teacher was yelling aloud the poem "Solitary Reaper".. The homework for us was to pen down a self-composed poem on LOVE!

Down I bent over my desk. And my ridiculous and immature imagination got me the following output:

Of all the wonderful meetings,
And of all the cordial greetings,
None shall be a more cherished one,
Than the one I had with my dearest one

I noticed her endowed with beauty,
My heart subsequently grew too heavy,
She was neither a goddess of love,
Nor was she an angel

But the sight had scorching effect,
On my confused little intellect,
Should I part with that face?
But how could I, without omnipotent's grace?

Away I walked with these melanchony feelings,
If only my injured heart had any heelings,
Her image displayed great affection,
Pray, Is there anyone to understand the situation?

Like a tender rose she arose,
Spreading fragrance all around,
She was gifted with sheer elegance,
How can I deny her fascinating eyes?
No, I dare not say lies
I wondered as to how the god could be so partial,
to fill all the splendors in that queen

The only thing, I can make out is,
this perpetual love of mine,
shall be stored forever,
as a long-lasting thirst..

"Alas! If only I could quench my thoughts.."

1 comment:

Swetha Tensingh said...

heyy....thats such a beautiful poem.....
and u actually wrote tht when u wer in 9th.....Splendid!!!